Lidl was founded in 1930 and has grown to be one of the largest supermarket chains in the world. Part of the Schwarz Group, we operate around 10,000 stores and more than 150 distribution centres in Europe and the United States with around 225,000 employees. Simplicity is the cornerstone of our success, and our stores, products and operations are designed to offer customers quality products at the best possible price.
Lidl Hong Kong
Lidl Hong Kong sources Textiles, Hardgoods, Online and Food products from over 13 countries across Asia that meet Lidl’s high standards of quality. Established in 2006, we have developed strong supply-chain networks and work with reputable and reliable manufacturers.
As consumer and design trends change, we innovate to ensure we meet the needs of our customers – supplying over 10,000 Lidl stores worldwide.
Our Core Values
- Set up short and long term Fabric Sourcing strategies to support global textile business growth
- Sourcing new cost effective fabric mills to support all fabric types across all product categories, including Womenswear, Menswear, Childrenswear, and Home textiles, subject to business requirements
- Business emphasis on introducing new cost effective mill locations in the Asean region, to support offshore production with duty free benefit
- Focus on Company sustainability goals, establish a comprehensive mill & yarn base to support substainability requirement - GRS, Ocean Plastics, Recycle, GOTS, CMIA
- Drive material innovation, new technologies and sustainability trends through attending Trade shows, Vendor partnerships and Market research, and present key seasonal direction back to the internal teams.
- Work closely with Sourcing, GM’s, Fabric Technical team and PD to develop fabrics based on Business projects, working to a critical path timeline
- Comprehensive knowledge of fabric cost structures with an awareness of yarn & fabric commodity price fluctuations and proactively inform internal teams
- Work with in house laboratory for technical performances
- Maintain a fabric library of seasonal inspirational fabrics
- Experience in a managerial position, with 10 years experience in Fabric Sourcing
- Fabric technical construction knowledge across woven and jersey fabrics, including spinning, weaving, knitting, dyeing, printing, washing and finishing
- Organized with the ability to create an annual fabric critical path, in accordance with Head office Selection dates
- Good network in the textile industry, and Asian supplier community
- Update systems data, charts and generate reports
- Knowledge on compliance and sustainability programs
- Good project management and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with internal & external parties
- Self-starter and resourceful in getting things done in a timely manner
- Excellent written and spoken English. Cantonese/Mandarin would be desirable.
- Willing to travel frequently
What you can expect
Market Leading Remuneration Package
Double pay and discretionary bonus
Choice of MPF provider
Choice of medical insurance to suit your needs
Rental re-imbursement scheme
Out Of Office leave for important appointments
In-house training courses
Training sponsorship scheme
Exceptional maternity and paternity leave
Supporting your child’s education with advice from a leading education consultant.
5 day week
Competitive Annual Leave
Charity, Community and Sporting Events
We are dedicated to fostering a family-friendly culture and work environment and have been a proud member of the Caring Company Scheme since 2014. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all candidates with the required skills and experience.
We look forward to your application.Apply Now!
21.01.2020 | Merchandising | Head Office Hong Kong